Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Yikes! Not a Fan New Landlords.

Normally I don't have two post in a row, but I feel like my mind is spinning and need to get my thoughts out somewhere. And this isn't an optomistic post, so just ignore the title of this blog for today.

Seriously, New Landlords!?

I was paying a few bills this morning and realized that since we have a new landlord I need to find out where to send the next rent check. So, I tracked down my new landlord, being the good tenant that I try to be, and found out they are raising rent by 32 percent!! The overall cost really isn't that much, but considering I'm quiting my job soon to have this new little guy and they threw this our way, I'm perturbed. Really perturbed!

Our last landlord sold the house at a steal of a deal in hopes that they would keep the rent the same for us as tenants. These new landlords told me that they are raising the rent because it's expensive, and expect me to understand why they are raising it. Well Mr. New Landlord, what I understand is that you want to rip me off and kick me out. I called up my old landlord and told him what was going on. He's such an awesome guy. I could tell that he was annoyed with these guys considering he just gave them a sweet deal on this duplex in expectation that they would keep the rent the same.

Why I'm upset

Over the course of six months people have made offers on this place, and my old landlord turned them all down because he could tell that they wouldn't be fair new landlords and that they would raise the rent on us. So he waited until he found someone who he thought would be trustworthy. Guess he made a wrong call.

So, after talking to my old landlord this morning I found out that this new owner put our address as his contact info. What?! They definitely don't live here. Not sure what they are planning, other than to kick us out and move in, which my old landlord said that they were planning on doing after we eventually moved out. But who knows when we're moving out. There are no job opportunities that have randomly made there way to us, and grad school is not looking promising in any way shape or form. So, we'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay and extra $200 or so a month. I'm not a happy camper. And I'm not impressed at all with these new landlords!! Way to start off a relationship, random landlords that we only met once!

No comments:

Post a Comment