Thursday, April 23, 2009

Singing in the Rain



Do you ever have random urges to go do something? I do! The other day I was sitting down on my computer chatting with friends. It was raining hard outside and it was warm inside. Suddenly I had this desire to go running. I went and it was so exhilarating. The rain was dripping down my face and I was soaked to the bone listening to my I-pod. I was listening to songs that were so inspiring.
I needed a moment of clarity and here it was. I was standing at the bottom of stairs letting the rain drip down my face as I sang to songs I loved. There was no one around it was dark outside. I sang and kept singing. At first I was afraid that if anyone was around they would think I was crazy. But then I realized how fun it was to sing. As I was looking around I realized there were puddles everywhere. Naturally as an adult you tend to step over puddles but I was feeling like a kid again. And with this in mind I did what any kid would do, I jumped around in the big puddles without reservations.
The feeling of joy washed over me as memories soared in. My mind has been in an absolute state of red alert for the last few weeks and here I was without a care in the world. Everything that mattered 10 minutes before seemed to wash away with the rain. It is amazing how nature helps stabilize me. It helps me feel refreshed and ready to go. Next time it rains and you need clarity… go running, singing, and jumping in puddles.

1 comment:

  1. Before when I had to train for crosscountry, I did not like running in the rain. But then I realize that it is not that bad--it is the thought that keep us from experiencing every bits of life--cold, hot, warm, freezing, feverish...happy, sad, excited, all kinds of experiences of human kind blessed by the Divine nature. When I was little, I loved jumping in puddle, but gradually I was conditioned to escape and frown upon puddles in fear of getting dirty or untidy. I missed so much fun! Reading your blog is so much fun!

    When I watch kids do it, I start to think, why does it matter? why do I care what other people think? Life is too short to experience fully ourselves!

    ReplyDelete