Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Boys


It's hard not to have favorites especially with two boys. Let me introduce you to Connor and Drew. I nannied for these two rugrats for a whole year (2009-2010), and let me tell you, I had no clue what I was getting into.
I went into it thinking that it wouldn't be THAT hard. Well, it was THAT hard! Two little boys with two very different personalities makes it hard for a nanny.
I spent most of my days with Drew and after I left I couldn't help but miss him like crazy. This Christmas I had the chance to finally go see them. I was afraid that they would forget me and run when they saw me.
When we got to the door the new nanny opened up and to my great disappointment she told me that Drew was sleeping (he's the one in the picture swinging in the swing and playing in the dirt). My heart sank because I had no idea when I would be able to make it back to see them. Luckily, the nanny said I could go up and wake him.
I opened the door and he was sound asleep. I nudged him and he wouldn't budge. I stood there and looked at this adorable kid who I missed like crazy. Finally, I tried to wake him again and with no avail I lifted him out of the crib. He looked at me shocked at first; then realized who it was and he stuck his head on my shoulder and fell back asleep.
Oh how I missed my cute little friend. He finally woke up after 20 minutes and pretended that he was still asleep, but I knew that he wasn't. For a three year old who can't communicate very well, he let me know loud and clear that he missed me just as much as I missed him.
Connor on the other hand acted like he didn't miss me at all. He was more excited to see Sam. When I saw him he acted like he knew I would be there all along. I totally surprised him and he loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment