Monday, February 7, 2011

Only the beginning


Wow! 6 months today since we have been married! Marriage is incredible. It has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade my best friend for anything.

The pictures sum up our marriage so far. A picture is worth a thousand words right.

One thing I will admit about my marriage, I never thought I would marry a Saab lover. I was looking through his computer today for these pictures and realized that he has more pictures of Saabs than he does of me. Sad, I know. It feels like there is another woman in this marriage of ours. Let me introduce you to Radio flyer our red Saab, AKA: Sam's obsession. Take notice because she is in just about every picture.

At first I wasn't a big fan of Radio flyer for a lot of reasons. It all began when Sam and I were dating. If she wasn't working that meant I didn't get to see Sam. For a long time I was mad at her for her constant instability, but after she got us across the country with all of our stuff, I started warming up to her. Then I started to realize how valuable she was to our new little family. She fit our bed, coffee table, end tables, couches, a desk, our kitchen table, and all our kitchen chairs (pictures are below) in and on her.











I'm getting use to Radio flyer and it's a good thing. Now, I'll just have to get use to Sam's other two Saabs.



Onto these pictures. Above on the left is our sectional couch. You may be thinking... 'Don't sectional couches usually have a recliner, hide-a-bed and other chairs that connect together'? And you also may be thinking 'how the heck did you fit something like THAT onto THAT car'? If you are, then know that you aren't alone.

We contemplated if we could actually fit a whole sectional couch in and on the Saab. We didn't think so and then tried it. It worked, and the whole way home we were scared to death that one of the chairs would fly off and hit another car. As we drove we would watch people faces change from 'will this light turn green so I can get home' to 'what the heck are those people doing'. We made it safe and sound and then a few days later we found a huge executive desk and did the same thing all over again – reactions and all.


Now our life has stabilized and we live in a comfy duplex (take notice to the picture on the right and be sure to come visit us). Our crazy Saab adventures are just the beginning of our crazy life.

These six months have been so good for us and quite a learning experience. I learn more and more each day that I made the right choice when I married my best friend. So far we have experience two cross country rides; two apartments; three Saabs; three couches; a kitchen table; two christmas' (one with my family and one with his); and so much more. And this is just the start... we haven't even made it to a year.

The Lord has blessed me :).


No comments:

Post a Comment