Thursday, August 11, 2011

OUCH!

I walked through the door and tried very slowly to climb up the stairs hoping that the pain would cease if I went slow. Well, you probably guessed, I just barely got back from church softball and I can feel my ripped muscle throbbing under the ice. No fun. I'm trying to be optimistic, but the fact that it even hurts to sit is making it an interesting endeavor.


Sadly, I tore my muscle last week after I hit a ball, ran to first, and then was proclaimed out. I'll give myself credit for hitting it. It's been at least 12 years. The last time I ripped something like this was years ago. It's what I get for being lazy. In my head I'm in shape, but obviously my body says otherwise.

So today, I didn't even have to run for it to tear. I was warming up to catch a ball and I felt the pain set in. First thought: I should of stretch. Second thought: I'm hungry. Third thought: Let's play some ball.

Lesson learned: Stop being lazy....

Goal: Get in shape.

Action: Not sure yet.

Optimistic thought: Good thing it's not my hamstring...


1 comment:

  1. Go Colette! Did you guys win? You are so cute~oh my gosh, that must really hurt! Try later do yoga or sports that help you recover. I will send you a link that I follow if you don't mind it is instructed in Chinese/Korean. Doing that yoga has been making me feel so good!
    ...I love your optimistic thought...You remind me of Pollyanna. You both give amazing answers "I am glad...good things" to situations like this!

    ReplyDelete